Drywall Contractor Houston Tx
Does water ruin drywall?
Because Drywall is a primary building material in a home it's also an easy target for water damage. Drywall is an excellent construction material because it's inexpensive, easy to install, and can be easily cut to the size you need. Although drywall is commonly used to create walls and ceilings within most houses, it is especially susceptible to water damage from the ground or above.
Water and Drywall Drywall Contractor Houston Tx refers to a rigid panel made up of white gypsum and mineral rocks, with thick exterior paper. It is very water-repellent. This can cause water-related problems such as:
- Once saturated, the drywall will retain water and dry slowly.
- The absorbent Gypsum material draws water into it like a sponge. The drywall can absorb water from the floor, which has come in contact with its bottom edge, at a rate up to one inch per hour, as long as it is not already present.
- Wet drywall can lose its structural rigidity and bulge, collapse, or even fall apart completely. Drywall damaged by water exposure cannot easily be restored. It must be replaced.
- Absorbent drywall cannot be kept if water sources are polluted by sewage or any other toxic substance. It must be taken out and replaced with new material.
- Even if there is no structural or contamination issue, ceiling drywall that has been exposed to water will often appear stained and need repair.
Drywall that has been damaged by water can be a perfect medium for toxic mold growth. Dormant spores can be activated by water and will quickly infect the panel. Mold-infected drywall can be difficult to treat so removal and replacement is the best option.
Dry Wall Houston Tx
(346) 450 6410